After a two-month hiatus from the gym – I’m finally back! My schedule has been so crazy lately. I’ve been living in 2 cities for the past 2 months – what with our exclusive project in Iligan (Dominique Square) and serving my clients here in Cdo City – I haven’t been able to find the time to work out. I so missed going to the gym. Now that I’ve got the hang of my new schedule, I’m back! And it’s about time too!
Photo from Fit Republic
Many people think of going to the gym as torture but working out is actually loads of fun!
Here are top 6 reasons why I work out – and why you should too:
- Working out makes you feel good. Have you noticed that you feel much better after every work out? Every time you work out, your body produces endorphins – our body’s happy hormones. Endorphins are the reason you feel great after exercising. Among other things.
- Working out makes you look good. Now this is a no-brainer. Exercise helps keep us fit and looking fab. Many people work out for precisely this reason alone – to look fabulous. When the Holidays threaten to expand our waistlines, regular exercise helps keep us in check. Besides, after Christmas comes summer. So it’s best to get started on that summer bod now.
- Working out keeps us healthy. Daily exercise keeps us in great physical health. As we age, our bodies start to decline. Every time we exercise our blood sugar levels stabilizes, our entire body gets oxygenated and there is improved blood flow to all organs. Plus, it slows down the aging process. You won’t need to use all those anti-aging products – just work out!
- You make lasting friendships at the gym. I’ve met so many new friends at the gym. We often go out to catch a movie, eat out or just hang out. My gym buddies are one of the main reasons why I’ve been able to consistently work out. Without them, life at the gym would be so boring. I’m so happy my friends are there to make working out fun!
- Working out keeps us Truly Wealthy. I believe in balance. That’s why no matter how busy I get, I make it a point to hit the gym at least 4x a week. Being “truly wealthy” is the ability to achieve balance in the 5 main areas of life – physical health is one of those aspects. I wouldn’t be staying true to the advocacy of Truly Wealthy Realty if I didn’t make the time to exercise regularly.
- Working out helps us honor God. Since the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, it only makes sense for us to take care of that temple. Right? Every time we misuse our bodies or don’t take care of it, we bring dishonor to God. In the same way, every time we eat right, exercise and take care of ourselves, we honor God.
Going to the gym has become a lifestyle for me. I work out at Fit Republic, a gym located at Lifestyle District. What I love about Fit Republic is that, aside from machines and weights, they have different classes – Yoga, Spinning, Rip 60, Zumba and Circuit Training. Each class is 1 hour long and really breaks the monotony of doing repetitive workouts. All this for only 1,800php per month. Super sulit!
Here are some classes you can join in at Fit Republic:
Zumba (Photo from Self.com)
Yoga (Photo from beyogaandwellness.com)
Start taking care of your body today. Let’s join the fitness revolution!
Go live a Truly Wealthy life.